The fifth episode of the ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast, hosts King Ron Mecklosky, Joey Lankowski, and Kelly W. Patterson was taped live (before a studio audience) on the morning of the 12th Annual May Day Rally and March in Las Vegas. Some of the topics of discussion included the origins of May Day dating back to the Haymarket Massacre that took place in 1886 during a protest advocating for an 8- hour work day in Chicago. Additional topics included why it is one of the few genuine anarchist holidays, some of the reasons it is so underappreciated and misunderstood within the United States, and why it is celebrated in virtually every other country across the world except here in the United States.
During the second half of the show, we discussed the case of Tashii Farmer-Brown, who was murdered by LVMPD Officer Kenneth Lopera on Mother’s Day in 2017. Further discussion involved the treatment of protesters (and others) who are arrested by the Las Vegas Metro police.
As part of that larger discussion, we had a guest come on and talk about his own arrest and violent treatment at a protest shortly after Tashii Brown was murdered. He explained how a man had attacked a woman and attempted to pull out a knife while doing so. After he and others at the protest intervened to protect the woman, she along with those who had defended her were arrested. Meanwhile, the man who had attacked her was released without charges.
In addition, as was formally announced at the May Day rally later that day Tashii Brown’s mother, Trinita Farmer, will be holding a vigil and memorial to commemorate the passing of one year since Tashii was murdered. This will take place on Mother’s Day (May 13th) at 3pm in front of the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino, which is located on the Las Vegas Strip.
Next week (May 8th) on episode six of ACAB Las Vegas Radio, we will have Nissa Tzun on as a guest to discuss the Mother’s Day vigil and memorial for Tashii Brown in detail. Nissa, who also appeared as a guest on our third podcast (https://youtu.be/h0__1_5sMiw), works with the Forced Trajectory Project and Families United 4 Justice, who are hosting the vigil.
ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast
The ACAB Radio Las Vegas podcast (Click here for the ACAB Radio Youtube Playlist) is a collaboration between Nevada Cop Block (NVCopBlock.org) and Food Not Bombs Las Vegas (FoodNotBombsLasVegas.org). ACAB Radio is recorded live (before a studio audience), every Tuesday afternoon in Downtown Las Vegas (AKA the #DTLV).
Currently, there are several ways the show can be viewed and/or listened to:
- As it happens, via Facebook Live
- On iTunes
- On YouTube (Embedded below)
- As an audio file, via the Libsyn podcast hosting service (Player embedded above)
- LVMPD Riot Police Deployed on Las Vegas Strip During Mother’s Day Vigil
- Mother’s Day Vigil to be Held May 13th Commemorating One Year Since Tashii Brown’s Murder
- Las Vegas Protesters “De-Arrest” Innocent Bicyclist After LVMPD Harassment on May Day
- Victims’ Families Speak About Impact of Police Violence During Las Vegas May Day Rally and March
- ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast Episode #4: Bodycam Footage of Junior Lopez Shooting by LVMPD
- ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast Episode #3: Guest Nissa Tzun
- ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast Episode #2: Coffee With a Cop
- ACAB Radio: Las Vegas Cops Shoot a Man “Armed” with a Plastic Stick; Change Official Story Again
- “ACAB Radio” New Podcast Collaboration Between Nevada Cop Block and Food Not Bombs Las Vegas Debuts
- Fired LVMPD Cop Derek Colling’s Body Cam “Stopped Recording” Before Shooting of Robbie Ramirez
- Homeless Helpers Ticketed in Las Vegas – Police Agencies Declare War On Good Samaritans
- Grand Jury Used to Drop Charges Against LVMPD Officer Kenneth Lopera for Tashii Brown’s Murder
- Q&A with Community-Building Activists Tom Zebra & Kelly Patterson
- Yes, All Cops ARE Bastards; How and Why Modern Policing Discourages Moral Responsibility
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Don’t Call the Pigs: An Informal Guide to Alternative Policing Within an Anarchist Justice System
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.