In the majority of this episode of ACAB Radio, King Ron Mecklosky, Joey Lankowski, and Kelly W. Patterson discuss our recent attendance at a “Coffee With a Cop” event. However, there was no coffee and the cops were extremely reluctant to actually speak with us, in spite of the fact that the stated intent of the event is to speak with the public (while drinking complimentary coffee.) Apparently, this also was not even an official Coffee With a Cop event, but rather a meet and greet with a politician in which cops were also invited to attend.
Note: If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
In spite of those unusual circumstances, Joey did manage to get an interview with one of the officers, as well as a Captain. Clips of that interview were played during the show. One of those clips included a comment by the officer that essentially indicated he would enforce unconstitutional laws if ordered to do so by the Justice Department.
Also, a comment by the Captain about how great a record of accountability the LVMPD had sparked a discussion during the show about the real history of corruption and lack of accountability within the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
The ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast Episode #2 can be seen in its entirety on YouTube or here: www.facebook.com/ACABradio/videos/570280816761887/
ACAB Radio Las Vegas Podcast
The ACAB Radio Las Vegas podcast (Click here for the ACAB Radio Youtube Playlist) is a collaboration between Nevada Cop Block (NVCopBlock.org) and Food Not Bombs Las Vegas (FoodNotBombsLasVegas.org). ACAB Radio is recorded live (before a studio audience), every Tuesday afternoon in Downtown Las Vegas (AKA the #DTLV).
Currently, there are several ways the show can be viewed and/or listened to:
- As it happens, via Facebook Live
- On iTunes
- On YouTube (Embedded below)
- As an audio file, via the Libsyn podcast hosting service (Player embedded below)
- Fired LVMPD Cop Derek Colling’s Body Cam “Stopped Recording” Before Shooting of Robbie Ramirez
- Update: Derek Colling, LVMPD Cop Fired for Excessive Force, Confirmed as Wyoming Deputy Who Shot Unarmed Man
- Fired Las Vegas Police Officer Derek Colling Identified as Wyoming Cop Who Killed Unarmed Man on Sunday
- Homeless Helpers Ticketed in Las Vegas – Police Agencies Declare War On Good Samaritans
- ACAB Radio: Las Vegas Cops Shoot a Man “Armed” with a Plastic Stick; Change Official Story Again
- Grand Jury Used to Drop Charges Against LVMPD Officer Kenneth Lopera for Tashii Brown’s Murder
- Las Vegas Protest at Mandalay Bay to Demand Release of Video Related to Route 91 Mass Shooting
- Junior Lopez: Body Camera Video and Witness Statements Lead to Questions in Latest Shooting by LVMPD
- Q&A with Community-Building Activists Tom Zebra & Kelly Patterson
- LVMPD Riot Police Deployed on Las Vegas Strip During Mother’s Day Vigil
- “ACAB Radio” New Podcast Collaboration Between Nevada Cop Block and Food Not Bombs Las Vegas Debuts
- Yes, All Cops ARE Bastards; How and Why Modern Policing Discourages Moral Responsibility
- Derek Colling – Most Dangerous Cop in America
- In Nevada, the Most Distinctive Cause of Death is the Police
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Don’t Call the Pigs: An Informal Guide to Alternative Policing Within an Anarchist Justice System
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.