The following post was originally posted at CopBlock.org by “Chuck U Farley.” Some minor edits have been made for spelling and grammar, as well as formatting differences between the sites.
Ademo Freeman, CopBlock Co-Founder, Sentenced To Prison For Nine Months
CopBlock Co-Founder Ademo Freeman was sentenced to nine months in the Warren County Correctional Facility on April 10th. He is due out in seven months, having been credited for time already served. The judge in his case, Judge Robert S. Fischer, agreed with Freeman that he should be allowed to put whatever substance in his body he chooses And yet he still sentenced him to prison.
Note: If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
In the “Land of the Free,” this is not freedom. Freeman has a medical prescription from Colorado and Ohio is supposedly a medical marijuana state, as well. In addition, Ohio will have full legalization on this year’s ballot. Unfortunately though, it will not pass in time to afford my friend any clemency.
Isn’t it unfortunate that we live in a world where a person has a medical prescription for cannabis, he is in a medically legal state, and even the sad excuse we call a president is saying to legalize marijuana, yet people are still be locked up for it? A world where police still make a big PR propaganda spectacle of marijuana arrests like they are stopping crime in some way by arresting peaceful people for engaging in freedom.
Well, on the right is an evidence photo they didn’t have the sack to tout on their Facebook page. (Where they post almost all marijuana busts with the evidence on the hood of their cars surrounded by all their gear.)
The sad joke that is Ohio’s medical marijuana law doesn’t even recognize prescriptions from Colorado’s doctors. There is no reciprocity built into it like there are with, gun laws, driving laws, and just about any other laws that span several states. Who enacted this stupid version of a medical law?
Governor John Kasich that’s who! All by himself with no input from Ohio voters, he just said one day after Issue 3 failed (which would’ve effectively legalized marijuana in Ohio if it weren’t for a smear campaign against it,) “This is what you got now, tough shit if you don’t like it!” Did I mention the Ohio government agencies charged with rolling out this program have until September 2018 to get it done? Well, September is only a couple of months away, and they are talking about it like it wont be done in time. Guess who’s gonna suffer if it doesn’t roll out in time? Adult users and medical patients alike! Do you think there will be any consequences for the agencies responsible? Of course not!
When do we lose the hypocrisy and just legalize it across the board? Why are we waiting for so-called lawmakers and leaders to get their cut before we just take our freedom back? They got billions of dollars already. They chose to spend it on law enforcement so in my opinion they shouldn’t get shit! Don’t they work for us? Isn’t weed acceptable to like 80% of the constituents they work for? Why are we letting them drag their asses to quibble over what we obviously want!? Which is legal weed now!
Meanwhile, my friend sits in prison with murderers and rapists until this state and country comes to its senses on this issue. Meanwhile, hundreds of medical cannabis users face jail every time they have to pick up their medicine. Meanwhile, millions of motorists are accosted by Ohio State Patrol and other blue line thugs and forced into non consensual searches all because some asshole in a hat says he smells marijuana.
The drug war is a failure! WHEN DOES IT END!?
If you wish to send correspondence to Ademo (subject to location change) or the jail he currently sits in, you can write or call:
Warren Correctional Institution
5787 State Route 63
Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Phone No: (513)-932-3388
Inmate Mailing Address:
Adam Mueller, Inmate ID Number (pending)
Warren Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 120
Lebanon, Ohio 45036
- CopBlock Founder Ademo Freeman Preparing to Challenge Drug War in Court Jan. 11th During Marijuana Arrest Trial
- After Virginia Police Raid Wrong Address Innocent College Student Was Beaten, Arrested, and Evicted From Home
- 9th Circuit Appeals Court Rules Federal Government Can Ban Medical Marijuana Patients From Buying Guns
- North Brunswick (NJ) Police Edit News Video to Coverup Lie; Delete Comments Exposing Their Deception
- Video: Arkansas Police Beat Fifteen Year Old Who is Clearly Not Resisting Over Marijuana Pipe
- Maryland Cops Made Newb Work at Burger King for Two Months for Giant Five Gram Marijuana Bust
- Jeff Mizanskey: A Productive Member of Society Sentenced to Life in Prison for Marijuana
- Second Body Cam Video of Baltimore Police Planting Drugs Then “Finding” Them Has Surfaced
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office Drops Drug Charges Against Texas Man After “Meth” Turns Out to be Cat Litter
- “Good Cop” Who Bullied a TX Teen Into Doing Push-Ups Couldn’t Have Arrested Him For Pot Possession If He’d Wanted To
- Las Vegas Metro Police Illegally Search; Sexually Assault Innocent Man to Justify Bullshit Arrest
- Gloucester Police Department’s “Angel Program” Sends Drug Addicts To Rehab, Not Prison
- Profiled by Road Pirates for Having Out of State License Plates
- We Already Know That Police Lives Matter (More)
- Depressed Man has Very Active Day While Police Engage in Ten Hour “Standoff” at His Empty House
- High Times Article on First Church of Cannabis: “Cop Block is Here”
- Just Released – 1994 Surveillance Report Targeting Snoop Dogg
- A Fascist State Defined: Police are Given Virtually Unlimited Power
- Corrupt Virginia State Police Illegally Search Car Then Plant Drugs/False Evidence
- To Terrify and Occupy: How the Excessive Militarization of the Police Is Turning Cops Into Counterinsurgents
- LVMPD Budget Cuts: Finally, Minorities and Poor People Benefit from the Recession
- Trevon Cole Murdered by LVMPD’s Bryant Yant During Drug Raid
- What is Jury Nullification and Why is it Important?
- National Jury Rights Day in Las Vegas – Sept. 5th
- How Police “Heroes” Create Hatred And Disdain Within The Communities They “Serve”
- Why was Danielle Willard Murdered by Utah Police?
- Las Vegas Police Facing Lawsuit Over Arrests of Medical Marijuana Patients
- Nevada Medical Marijuana Patient Freed by Jury Nullification
- Why We Should All Be Jury Rights Experts
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Don’t Call the Pigs: An Informal Guide to Alternative Policing Within an Anarchist Justice System
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.