If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
Embedded below is an excerpt from Joe Rogan’s podcast the “Joe Rogan Experience” during which there was a discussion of police brutality. Specifically, the discussion centers around the body camera video (also embedded below) showing the 2016 murder of Daniel Shaver by Mesa Police Officer Philip Braillsford in Arizona. As pretty much everyone on the planet knows at this point, earlier this month a jury somehow managed to watch that video (contrary to what Rogan says in the video, they did watch it) and then decide Braillsford was not guilty of that murder.
Rogan is joined by two guests, Duncan Trussell, a comedian who hosts his own podcast, entitled the “Duncan Trussell Family Hour,” and Christopher Ryan, a psychologist, writer, and who (of course) also hosts his own podcast, entitled “Tangentially Speaking.” Not surprisingly and as is probably obvious by the title of this post, the common consensus is that Daniel Shaver was murdered that day.
Beyond that basic conclusion, there are some good points made about the situation itself and Braillsford. One thing brought up by Rogan, which actually hasn’t been discussed much, is that Arizona is an open carry state. In fact, Arizona is one of only thirteen states that recognizes “constitutional carry” gun rights, meaning that you don’t need any license whatsoever to carry a gun, even when it is concealed.
To a large extent, that invalidates the very reason that the police were there in the first place, since it was based on someone reporting that they saw Shaver with a rifle. The fact that the witness claims he was pointing it out the window would be the only thing worthy of any investigation and, as noted, the demeanor of Shaver and the woman with him quite obviously wasn’t that of someone preparing to go on a killing spree.
Just what a monster Braillsford is and the fact that police departments attract psychopaths is another point brought up. As I and others have mentioned many times, the authoritarian nature of the police and their ability to inflict violence on others, often with little to no consequences for their abuses, attracts the type of people who have a desire to do so.
Then, of course, the other thing becoming incredibly obvious is that people are fed up with these type of crimes by the police being condoned and/or covered up and that discontent is likely heading toward a serious backlash.
Related Content on NVCopBlock.org:
- Update: Daniel Shaver Cried, Begged For His Life Before Mesa Policeman Executed Him
- Update: Officer Jeronimo Yanez the Latest Cop to Get Away With Murder After Philando Castille Verdict
- Update: Las Vegas Police Officer Previously Caught Committing Perjury Promoted (Again) to Captain
- Florida Officer with Violent History Interferes with Copwatcher Filming Police Brutality in Public
- Detained by Las Vegas Police for Openly Carrying a Sword While Walking
- After Officer Mohammed Noor Shot Justine Damond Minneapolis Police Got A Search Warrant For Her House
- Update: Second Mistrial Declared; Cincinnati Cop Ray Tensing Gets Away With Murder of Sam Dubose
- Update: Looks Like Michael Slager Found That One Cop Apologist He Needed; Mistrial Pending
- Video Released of Officer Lisa Mearkle Shooting Man on the Ground in Back
- Don’t Let Coroner’s Inquest Reforms Become Yet Another Victim of Police Intimidation
- Mesa AZ Police Officer Charged With Murder to Receive No Jail Time
- Until Cops Stop Killing “Civilians,” Every Uniformed Police Officer in America is in Danger
- Citizens Filming The Police Are Making It Easier For Review Boards To Get Rid of Bad Apples
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Yes, All Cops ARE Bastards; How and Why Modern Policing Discourages Moral Responsibility
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.