“Do what you gotta do ’cause we gotta find something.”
That quote comes from the instructions that LVMPD Lt. Connell gave to one of the officers working as part of a “Saturation Team” just after they had pulled over Solomon “Silk” Galloway (Galloway commonly goes by his middle name), then assaulted and falsely arrested him in February of 2016.
Realizing that they didn’t have any actual crime to charge him with, they quickly came to the conclusion that they had to “find something” to retroactively justify that arrest. Unbeknownst to them, the entire illegal search, including those instructions to just “find something,” was being recorded by a GoPro camera inside the car.
Prior to that, Galloway and a co-worker had been pulled over under the pretense they had been speeding. However, as reported here previously, the body camera footage released later (embedded below) actually shows the speedometer in the police vehicle that pulled them over, proving that they weren’t speeding at the time. Instead, it appears to simply be a case of racial profiling which they then unnecessarily escalated into the eventual false arrest.
Racial profiling is pretty much what saturation teams were created to do, so that kinda goes without saying. When Galloway refused to cooperate with their unlawful orders to present ID, even though he as the passenger of the vehicle was under no obligation to do so, they decided they would arrest him and “find something” later. Unfortunately, they were never actually able to “find something.” There were no drugs or anything else illegal on him or within the car.
Instead, they decided to charge Galloway with “obstruction,” which is otherwise known as “contempt of cop.” Over a year later, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and Clark County County District Attorney Steve Wolfson continue to push forward with this ridiculous charge. Tomorrow, Wednesday June 28th, Galloway will be in court at 1:30pm for a motion hearing regarding his case within Municipal Court Department 2, room 5B.
Various groups within the community have called for courtroom support for Galloway during this hearing. In addition, there will be a short rally outside, beginning at noon, to show that support and bring attention to the issues involved in this case. Afterwards, people will be encouraged to attend the hearing as well, in order to show that the community stands with Silk Galloway and will not stand idly by during this miscarriage of justice. People are welcome to bring signs or other relevant materials to the rally, although you won’t be able to bring them to the courtroom. There should be enough time in between to put them away.
Among the many issues already discussed previously, some members of the community have questioned whether the judge in the case, Susan Roger, has a conflict of interest since her husband, David Roger, works as the lawyer for the Las Vegas Police Protective Association (LVPPA). As a result, they are asking for her to recuse herself from this case. While that won’t happen (because she would then have to recuse herself from any case involving the police) it serves as a good reminder of David Roger’s own conflicts of interest.
For those not aware, David Roger was the District Attorney during the “investigations” of the murders of Erik Scott and Trevon Cole by Las Vegas police officers. He resigned shortly after the murder of Stanley Gibson by Officer Jesus Arevalo while that “investigation” was still underway to accept a position as the LVPPA’s lawyer. So, he went from the head of the department that absolutely refused to file any charges against police officers when they kill someone on duty to the guy who officially defends them for the police union.
Video Featuring Police Body Camera Footage and GoPro Video
Original GoPro Video
Related Posts Submitted By or About Stephen Stubbs:
Those of you that have followed CopBlock.org over the past several years are probably already aware that Stephen Stubbs has been a frequent subject of posts on NVCopBlock.org. He often represents bikers and motorcycle organizations, whom are frequent targets of harassment from the police. In addition, I have personally worked with Stephen in the past on several occasions through Nevada Cop Block on issues or cases involving his clients or on know your rights seminars he has done within the Las Vegas area.
Therefore, there is a pretty lengthy (and growing) list of posts on the Nevada Cop Block site involving Stephen Stubbs, his clients, and/or people or groups he is associated with. Included below are links to those posts.
- Update: Racial Profiling Case by LVMPD Saturation Team Body Cam Videos Show No Original Cause for Stop
- Know Your Rights Seminar Held in Las Vegas by Attorney Stephen Stubbs (Video)
- Las Vegas Know Your Rights Seminar by Attorney Stephen Stubbs to be Held March 23rd
- “What Happened in Vegas” Isn’t Staying in Las Vegas; Documentary on Police Brutality Premiers at Cinequest
- Nevada CopBlock Founder Arrested While Filming Las Vegas Metro Police
- LVMPD Caught on Body Camera Admitting They Arrested Man For Singing F*ck The Police
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Explains How Not To Get Beaten And/Or Shot By The Police
- The LVMPD Gang Task Force is Corrupt and it Extends All the Way to the Top
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Ordered to Answer Perjury/Withholding Evidence Charges in Court
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Accused of Perjury; Judge Recused Self Due to “Negative Opinion” of Her
- Boulder City (NV) Police “Employee of the Year” Commits Perjury to Arrest Man Interfering With Revenue Generation
- Las Vegas Metro Police Illegally Search; Sexually Assault Innocent Man to Justify Bullshit Arrest
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs: “Stand Up and Tell the Truth” – Why #PoliceLiesMatter
- Man Beaten by Las Vegas Police For Not Moving Fast Enough Awarded $31,500 Settlement
- Full Waco Twin Peaks Biker Shooting Videos; Witness Statement Made Public
- Know Your Rights Seminar At Las Vegas “Rally For Your Rights”
- Waco, TX; Twin Peaks Shootings Arrests – June 10th Call Flood
- Nevada Police Chief Resigns After Protecting Animal Shelter Supervisor Who Killed Pets
- Fired NV Police Chief Ordered to Pay Punitive Damages in Abuse of Authority Lawsuit
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Found Not Guilty in 5th Amendment Right to Counsel Case
- Game Over for Insert Coins’ and Their Abusive Bouncers
- Dance, Dance Revolution Protest at Insert Coins Las Vegas- Feb. 26, 2015
- Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas Bouncers Beat Man and Obstruct Witness Trying to Film
- Las Vegas Police Promise “Fundamental Policy Changes” after Dominic Gennarino Beating
- Las Vegas Police Beat a Man for “Not Moving Fast Enough”
- Las Vegas Police Agree That You Should Film Them
- Free Know Your Rights Seminar in Las Vegas
- Attorney Stephen Stubbs Arrested for Refusing to Leave His Client’s Side
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.