Tomorrow, March 23rd, Las Vegas attorney Stephen Stubbs will be holding a “know your rights” seminar primarily in response to recent harassment of motorcycle riders in Las Vegas by the LVMPD (“Metro”) using saturation teams and the gang task force, including a “motorcycle intelligence unit” specifically used to gather information on motorcycle clubs.
As Stubbs mentions in the Facebook Live video embedded below, this harassment has involved the profiling of people that ride motorcycles and several violations of those people’s rights. That includes manufacturing suspicion to stop them, attempting to force passengers to ID themselves, and detaining them longer than is required to perform an investigation related to the (often dubious) offense that they have been stopped for.
Obviously, the motivation behind these targeted stops and the attempts to question those stopped is to gather information about motorcycle clubs under the false pretense that anybody belonging to a motorcycle club is a criminal and the even more flawed pretense that anyone riding a motorcycle and/or fitting a certain description must belong to a motorcycle club. Beyond that, Metro has also been known in recent years to illegally put pressure on public businesses, such as bars, to attempt to force them to exclude members of bike clubs from those businesses. This often is done under the threat of having their liquor license taken away.
As regular readers of the CopBlock Network know, Stephen Stubbs has a pretty long history (see “related posts” section below) of defending the civil rights of people (including himself) against the police, especially those departments located within the Las Vegas area. That has included defending motorcyclists against the frequent harassment they receive from the LVMPD.
Stubbs has also in the past done know your rights seminars numerous times at events and for various groups (as well as independently) throughout the Las Vegas area. (See below for an embedded video of a previous know your rights training.) Among other things, these seminars typically will cover issues involving the First, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments such as the requirements for a legal detainment, when you are obligated to identify yourself to police, your rights when the police want to search you, your right to remain silent and why that’s a good idea, and your rights when filming the police (and why that’s also always a good idea).
In spite of the direct motivation for this particular know your rights seminar being the harassment directed at motorcyclists, the topics and rights being discussed will not be exclusive to cyclists and can be applied to anyone that is stopped by the police.
The following information is included within the Facebook event description (which can be found here):
LVMPD made it very clear this week that they are starting up their motorcycle saturation enforcements again. People are being stopped on motorcycles for LVMPD’s intelligence gathering efforts and as a show of force.
Attend this seminar to learn your Constitutional rights, the proper way to handle traffic stops, and the laws that can protect you. You have to know your rights before you can use them. Everyone is welcome.
LVMPD doesn’t care about the law
Previous Know Your Rights Seminar by Stephen Stubbs
Those of you that have followed CopBlock.org over the past several years are probably already aware that Stephen Stubbs has been featured numerous times on the Cop Block Network. He often represents bikers and motorcycle organizations, whom are frequent targets of harassment from the police. In addition, I have personally worked with Stephen on a somewhat regular basis through Nevada Cop Block on issues or cases within the Las Vegas area.
Therefore, there is a pretty lengthy (and growing) list of posts on Cop Block involving Stephen Stubbs, his clients, and/or people or groups he is associated with. Included below are links to those posts.
- “What Happened in Vegas” Isn’t Staying in Las Vegas; Documentary on Police Brutality Premiers at Cinequest
- Nevada CopBlock Founder Arrested While Filming Las Vegas Metro Police
- LVMPD Caught on Body Camera Admitting They Arrested Man For Singing F*ck The Police
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Explains How Not To Get Beaten And/Or Shot By The Police
- The LVMPD Gang Task Force is Corrupt and it Extends All the Way to the Top
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Ordered to Answer Perjury/Withholding Evidence Charges in Court
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Accused of Perjury; Judge Recused Self Due to “Negative Opinion” of Her
- Boulder City (NV) Police “Employee of the Year” Commits Perjury to Arrest Man Interfering With Revenue Generation
- Las Vegas Metro Police Illegally Search; Sexually Assault Innocent Man to Justify Bullshit Arrest
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs: “Stand Up and Tell the Truth” – Why #PoliceLiesMatter
- Man Beaten by Las Vegas Police For Not Moving Fast Enough Awarded $31,500 Settlement
- Full Waco Twin Peaks Biker Shooting Videos; Witness Statement Made Public
- Know Your Rights Seminar At Las Vegas “Rally For Your Rights”
- Waco, TX; Twin Peaks Shootings Arrests – June 10th Call Flood
- Nevada Police Chief Resigns After Protecting Animal Shelter Supervisor Who Killed Pets
- Fired NV Police Chief Ordered to Pay Punitive Damages in Abuse of Authority Lawsuit
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Found Not Guilty in 5th Amendment Right to Counsel Case
- Game Over for Insert Coins’ and Their Abusive Bouncers
- Dance, Dance Revolution Protest at Insert Coins Las Vegas- Feb. 26, 2015
- Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas Bouncers Beat Man and Obstruct Witness Trying to Film
- Las Vegas Police Promise “Fundamental Policy Changes” after Dominic Gennarino Beating
- Las Vegas Police Beat a Man for “Not Moving Fast Enough”
- Las Vegas Police Agree That You Should Film Them
- Free Know Your Rights Seminar in Las Vegas
- Attorney Stephen Stubbs Arrested for Refusing to Leave His Client’s Side
The LVMPD Gang Task Force is Corrupt
Original Stephen Stubbs Arrest Video
Lt. Yatomi is Promoted and Put in Charge of Internal Affairs
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.