The following post and accompanying videos were shared with the CopBlock Network by Marcus Potter, who has submitted numerous other videos to the CopBlock Network, as well. It was shared via the CopBlock.org Submissions Page.
If you have a video, personal story involving police misconduct and/or abuse, or commentary about a law enforcement related news story, we would be happy to have you submit it. You can find some advice on how to get your submission published on the CopBlock Network within this post.
Date Of Incident: May 13, 2016
Officers Involved: Police Constables 1145 Eitan Joseph and 1158 Jamie Williams, PCs D Newton and 2065 Doug Mccolm, Sgt 387 Sterne
Department Involved: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
Department Telephone No.: +441480456111
Department Twitter Account: @cambscops
I was in Cambridge doing some copblocking when I came across Police Constables 1158 Jamie Williams and 1145 Eitan Joseph who were dealing with a man who had been arrested after a cafe called the police on him because he did not pay for his food. The officer said that if he paid his debt to the cafe, they would de-arrest him and he would be free to go, but that if he didn’t, he would be taken to the police station and charged with a criminal offense. He replied that he did not want to pay the debt and told Joseph to “fucking get on with it”. He was then further arrested under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986.
After I stopped filming, Joseph told me to “go home.” I told him that I would not do so. Joseph then pushed me away and told me to “fuck off.” I refused to comply and pushed him back. I then told him to “fuck off back to your own country” and was then arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense (section 4A Public Order Act 1986). I was handcuffed by Joseph and another officer, namely PC D. Newton, arrived. PC Newton removed my cuffs and bag before reapplying the cuffs and searching me. I was then placed into the back of a prisoner van by Newton and further arrested by Joseph on suspicion of assaulting a Police Constable acting in the execution of his duties. I was then taken to custody by yet another officer, PC Doug Mccolm whilst Williams placed the other detained person in the back of Newton’s van. Joseph then spoke to Newton and the other detained person was then taken into custody by Newton. At this point, Williams and Joseph drove off in their cars, Newton drove off in his van and Mccolm drove off in his van. All officers headed back to Parkside Police Station, Cambridge.
On arrival at Parkside Police Station my handcuffs were removed by Joseph and I took a seat in the holding area where I was then supervised by Mccolm as Joseph was busy dealing with the other man he had arrested. After being taken to the charge desk by Joseph and Mccolm, I was given a more through search by Mccolm and my bag was searched by the custody officer, namely Sgt 387 Sterne. Joseph gave the circumstances of my arrest to Sterne and I was booked in by Sterne. On the grounds of my Autism, Sterne then decided not to authorize my detention. I was then given a lift to Cambridge Railway Station by Joseph and another police officer also joined me in his vehicle.
– Marcus D Potter
- London Police Restrain CopBlocker Being Harassed While Filming “For His Own Safety”
- Cops Assault Cameraman on Suspicion that He May Be A Terrorist
- London Metropolitan Police Assault Cameraman
- London Ministry of Defence Police Officer And Employee Assault Videographer for Filming in Public
- British Cop Block Cheeriness Makes America Look Like the Texas of the World
- Suffolk Police Threaten To Arrest Cameraman; Play Good Cop Bad Cop
- Suffolk Police Assault and Unlawfully Arrest Cameraman
- London Metro Police Unlawfully Detain and Search Man Filming at Wembley Stadium
- British Transport Police Officers Kidnap and Assault UK Copblocker For Filming Police
- City of London Police Assault Woman For Arguing During Detention
- Norfolk England Police Unlawfully Detain And Search UK Cameraman
- London Metropolitan Police Unlawfully Detain and Search UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Police Assault Then Unlawfully Arrest UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Suffolk Constables in the United Kingdom Kidnap English Cameraman
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Illegally Kidnap Cameraman in the UK for Filming in Public
- London’s Metropolitan Police Harass; Attempt to Take Advantage of Autistic Cameraman
- Cambridgeshire Police Officers Illegally Assault UK Cameraman for Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Community Support Officers Threaten To Have UK CopBlocker Arrested
- London Metropolitan Police Attempt to Demand ID From Cameraman at Hackney One Carnival
- London Metropolitan Police Constables Claim You Need Permission to Film Specific Individuals in Public
- Norfolk England Police Turn A Blind Eye as Security Guard Assaults Man for Filming in Public
- Norfolk Police Disregard Threat From Security Guard and Instead Arrest Man For Filming
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.