The following post and accompanying videos were shared with the CopBlock Network by Marcus Potter, who has submitted numerous other videos to the CopBlock Network, as well. It was shared via the CopBlock.org Submissions Page. (See “Related Posts” section below for previous videos submitted by Marcus Potter.)
If you have a video, personal story involving police misconduct and/or abuse, or commentary about a law enforcement related news story, we would be happy to have you submit it. You can find some advice on how to get your submission published on the CopBlock Network within this post.
Date of Incident: December 12, 2015
Officer Involved: PC 1169 Hogan
Department Involved: Norfolk Constabulary
Department Facebook Page: Norfolk Police
Department Twitter Account: @NorfolkPolice
Department Telephone No.: +441953424242
On the 12th December 2015, I decided to shoot a funny video featuring some members of Norfolk Constabulary (embedded below) whilst on a privately owned road, namely Wherry Road in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. I was then assaulted by a private security guard after I lawfully refused to desist filming.
Whilst I was on private property, I was still in a public place. The land was not owned by his employer and there were no signs demarcating any prohibition against filming.
Two constables standing close by looked at me whilst this happened and ignored the person as they did not care less. After I threatened to punch the guy and he laughed. PC 1169 Hogan barked an order, namely “stop making a nuisance of yourself.” Hogan then said that “If you’ll be reasonable to me, I’ll be reasonable to you. If you’ll be a freeman on the land, I’ll be a freeman on the land to.”
I then left.
– Marcus D Potter
- London Police Restrain CopBlocker Being Harassed While Filming “For His Own Safety”
- Cops Assault Cameraman on Suspicion that He May Be A Terrorist
- London Metropolitan Police Assault Cameraman
- London Ministry of Defence Police Officer And Employee Assault Videographer for Filming in Public
- British Cop Block Cheeriness Makes America Look Like the Texas of the World
- Suffolk Police Threaten To Arrest Cameraman; Play Good Cop Bad Cop
- Suffolk Police Assault and Unlawfully Arrest Cameraman
- London Metro Police Unlawfully Detain and Search Man Filming at Wembley Stadium
- British Transport Police Officers Kidnap and Assault UK Copblocker For Filming Police
- City of London Police Assault Woman For Arguing During Detention
- Norfolk England Police Unlawfully Detain And Search UK Cameraman
- London Metropolitan Police Unlawfully Detain and Search UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Police Assault Then Unlawfully Arrest UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Suffolk Constables in the United Kingdom Kidnap English Cameraman
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Illegally Kidnap Cameraman in the UK for Filming in Public
- London’s Metropolitan Police Harass; Attempt to Take Advantage of Autistic Cameraman
- Cambridgeshire Police Officers Illegally Assault UK Cameraman for Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Community Support Officers Threaten To Have UK CopBlocker Arrested
- London Metropolitan Police Attempt to Demand ID From Cameraman at Hackney One Carnival
- London Metropolitan Police Constables Claim You Need Permission to Film Specific Individuals in Public
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.