Via a public Facebook post (embedded below) Stephen Stubbs released an order from Justice of the Peace Anne Zimmerman stating that Lt. Yasenia Yatomi must appear in her court to answer contempt charges for having committed perjury and withholding evidence that would have shown that perjurious testimony to have been false.
The full order from Judge Zimmerman reads:
“Now Therefore, Lieutenant Yesenia Yatomi is hereby ordered to appear on August 9, 2016 at 9:30am in Las Vegas Justice Court, Department 8, 200 Lewis Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101 to show cause why she shouldn’t be held in contempt of court for her perjurious trial testimony and withholding of exculpatory evidence.”
The charges stem from an incident in which Lieutenant Yatomi arrested Stubbs for refusing to leave the side of a person who was being questioned by then-Sergeant Yatomi and the LVMPD Gang Unit and whom had requested that Stubbs represent him as his lawyer. (See video embedded below.) Later, she made false sworn statements within charging documents that were sent to the District Attorney’s Office to justify the filing of criminal charges against him. That original arrest report was revealed during discovery for a civil case resulting from those false charges.
In addition, she withheld the original arrest report, which accurately described the incident and her unconstitutional reasons for arresting Stubbs, from the DA. Once the case went to court, Judge Goodman found Stubbs not guilty without even requiring him to present a defense, because the case was so obviously based on lies. Subsequently, Judge Goodman recused himself from the perjury case while stating that he had such a negative opinion of Yatomi based on that previous case that there is no way he could be fair and impartial toward her.
As is also pointed out in the Facebook post, Yatomi was recently promoted and named the head of the Internal Affairs Bureau for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, in spite of the fact she had already been exposed as a liar in open court and was potentially facing these perjury charges. The LVMPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau is the department assigned to investigate police officer accused of misconduct or criminal acts, such as perjuring themselves in court and/or withholding evidence, for example. (See second video embedded below.)
Note: Within the comments on this FB post Stubbs is asked about the nature of the charges:
Question: I thought perjury was a felony, not contempt of court
Stephen Stubbs: Contempt is a civil remedy in the court that the perjury was committed in. There is also a criminal remedy, and yes, it is a felony.
It’s not actually clear from that exchange whether these charges are just being prosecuted by the court as contempt and not as a felony or if Lt. Yatomi could also potentially face felony charges for perjury afterwards as well.
Original Arrest Video
Lt. Yatomi is Promoted and Put in Charge of Internal Affairs
Related Posts Submitted By or About Stephen Stubbs:
Those of you that have followed NVCopBlock.org over the past several years are probably already aware that Stephen Stubbs is a frequent contributor of submissions to the Cop Block Network. He often represents bikers and motorcycle organizations, whom are frequent targets of harassment from the police. In addition, I have personally worked with Stephen on a somewhat regular basis through Nevada Cop Block on issues or cases within the Las Vegas area.
Therefore, there is a pretty lengthy (and growing) list of posts on Cop Block involving Stephen Stubbs, his clients, and/or people or groups he is associated with. Included below are links to those posts.
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Accused of Perjury; Judge Recused Self Due to “Negative Opinion” of Her
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs: “Stand Up and Tell the Truth” – Why #PoliceLiesMatter
- Man Beaten by Las Vegas Police For Not Moving Fast Enough Awarded $31,500 Settlement
- Full Waco Twin Peaks Biker Shooting Videos; Witness Statement Made Public
- Know Your Rights Seminar At Las Vegas “Rally For Your Rights”
- Waco, TX; Twin Peaks Shootings Arrests – June 10th Call Flood
- Nevada Police Chief Resigns After Protecting Animal Shelter Supervisor Who Killed Pets
- Fired NV Police Chief Ordered to Pay Punitive Damages in Abuse of Authority Lawsuit
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Found Not Guilty in 5th Amendment Right to Counsel Case
- Game Over for Insert Coins’ and Their Abusive Bouncers
- Dance, Dance Revolution Protest at Insert Coins Las Vegas- Feb. 26, 2015
- Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas Bouncers Beat Man and Obstruct Witness Trying to Film
- Las Vegas Police Promise “Fundamental Policy Changes” after Dominic Gennarino Beating
- Las Vegas Police Beat a Man for “Not Moving Fast Enough”
- Las Vegas Police Agree That You Should Film Them
- Free Know Your Rights Seminar in Las Vegas
- Attorney Stephen Stubbs Arrested for Refusing to Leave His Client’s Side
Kelly is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, who’s been very active in local grassroots activism, as well as on a national level during his extensive travels. He’s also the founder/main contributor of Nevada Cop Block, served as editor/contributor at CopBlock.org and designed the Official Cop Block Press Passes.
Connect with Kelly at these social networks; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.