Earlier this week, a local group called for a protest at the Mandalay Bay via Facebook. The group has stated that the protest will be aimed at putting pressure on the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and MGM Resorts International, the parent company of the Mandalay Bay, to release information about the Las Vegas Route 91 Festival mass shooting that took place on October 1st.
The protest is scheduled for 1pm on January 21st in front of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino. The Mandalay Bay is located on the Las Vegas Strip at 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. The group has stated that they intend to make this a ongoing regular protest until they are satisfied that their demands and concerns have been appropriately addressed.
Specifically, they intend to demand that surveillance footage from the Mandalay Bay be released publicly. As was reported here at NVCopBlock.org a couple days ago, LVMPD Sheriff Lombardo would like for everyone to just “forget that and move on.” However, the lack of transparency on even very basic aspects of the shooting, as well as previously exposed inconsistencies, have left many questions unanswered and created doubts about the official narrative(s). Those #KeyboardBandits he is so frustrated by want those questions and discrepancies answered before they just “move on.”
Note: If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
Members of NVCopBlock will be there to report on the protest. Obviously, we will be also be monitoring and filming any interactions protesters have with the police and/or security to ensure their rights and safety are protected. I’ve also been told that several other independent news organizations will be in attendance.
The LVMPD’s Shifting Timeline for the Oct. 1st Las Vegas Mass Shooting
- Las Vegas Sheriff Joe Lombardo (and the Mandalay Bay) Want People to Just “Forget That (Mass Shooting) and Move On”
- Nevada Cop Block Will Be Attending Freedom Fest 2017 and the Anthem Film Festival
- “What Happened in Vegas” Anti-Police Brutality Documentary to Show at Anthem Film Festival (Freedom Fest) July 20th
- Tashii Brown Protest: Woman is Attacked by Racist Man With Knife, LVMPD Arrests Those Defending Her
- Demonstration and Courtroom Support for Silk Galloway; LVMPD Racial Profiling, False Arrest Victim
- “What Happened in Vegas” Isn’t Staying in Las Vegas; Documentary on Police Brutality Premiers at Cinequest
- Were Your Father’s Cops Really That Much Better than Today’s?
- Las Vegas Police Make It Very Clear They Don’t Understand the First Amendment at Chalk Protest
- St. Louis Coffee Shop Employee Writes “FTP” on Cups; Owner Responds Like the Police Would
- Nevada CopBlock Founder Arrested While Filming Las Vegas Metro Police
- Not All Robots Support The Police (State)
- Game Over for Insert Coins’ and Their Abusive Bouncers
- Protests in Anaheim After Incident in Which Off Duty Police Officer Shot Gun During Dispute with Young Teens
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs: “Stand Up and Tell the Truth” – Why #PoliceLiesMatter
- Maybe Las Vegas Needs a Riot
- Deputy at #DAPL Protests Passed Out in Running Police Vehicle After Over 15 Vodka Shots and Prescription Meds
- Las Vegas Protesters “De-Arrest” Innocent Bicyclist After LVMPD Harassment on May Day
- University of Tennessee Police Violate Independent Media’s Rights at Public Protest
- Four Days in a Las Vegas Jail for Protesting Government Murder by Drones
- Riot Cops in Portland Pepper Spray, Arrest Protesters After City Approves New Police Contract
- Mike BlueHair of FTP PDX Arrested During Protests Against Portland Police Contract
- Man Protesting Police Kidnapping and Mental Torture Schools Cop on Rights and Filming in Public
- Unite with Nevada Cop Block to Oppose the Cover Up of Stanley Gibson’s Murder by LVMPD
- Black Lives Matter Protester Jasmine Abdullah Given Same Sentence For “Lynching” as Stanford Rapist
- Topless Femen USA Activists Assaulted/Arrested at Counter-Protest of San Francisco Anti-Abortion Rally (NSFW Video)
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Don’t Call the Pigs: An Informal Guide to Alternative Policing Within an Anarchist Justice System
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power