Recently released video shows Milton-Freewater, Oregon Police Officer Brian David Scott shove a handcuffed man into a concrete wall in September 2016. That man, Jeffery Allen Fields, suffered multiple severe injuries to his head and several vertebrae in the assault. It’s quite clear on the video that Fields has no way of stopping himself from slamming into the wall with his hands cuffed behind him.
Note: If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
It appears that the motivation for that attack by Officer Scott is that Fields was being verbally argumentative. However, at no time whatsoever on the video, even afterwards, did he act in any way physically resistant or combative toward either of the officers present. Obviously, there is no justification for Scott’s deliberate attempt to inflict harm on a man who was unable to defend himself.
In addition, after Fields was injured there is no sense of urgency about getting him any sort of medical attention. Instead, Scott and his partner, Officer Anthony Martinez, just take him into another room and hold paper towels to his head. In fact Officer Martinez’ reaction, or more properly lack of one, to Officer Scott’s actions is pretty telling. It’s almost like arrestees being abused is a common sight at the Milton-Freewater Police Department.
Eventually, Fields did make it to the hospital for what has been described as emergency treatment. As can be seen in the photo to the right, that included a head full of staples to close the wounds to his scalp.
In spite of the seriousness of those injuries and the absolutely unjustifiable nature of his attack on Fields, in April of 2017 Officer Scott was allowed to plead down to lesser charges resulting in a sentence of probation, some community service, and a $500 fine.
That’ll show him.
Note: the audio at the beginning of the video (in the exterior of the building) was affected by some sort of interference that causes a lot of static. That clears up once they go inside.
Related Content on NVCopBlock.org:
- Video Shows Pennsylvania Police Officer Punching, Choking, and Tazing Inmate Shackled to Bench
- Rikers Island Guard Kept Framed Newspaper Story About Inmate He Murdered in His Bedroom
- Rikers Island Guard On Trial For Beating Inmate Admits Writing False Report, But Denies Lying
- Nevada Lawsuits Claim Prison Guards Instigated a Fight, then Shot Inmates
- Official Report: Nevada Prison Guards Blamed For Fatal Shooting of Inmates
- Nevada Prison Guard Charged With Manslaughter in Fatal Shooting of Inmates
- Nevada Prison Guards Will Continue Murdering Inmates With Shotguns
- Update: Shooting Nevada Inmates With Birdshot Banned by New NDOC Director (For Now)
- Video Shows Lawrence County Corrections Officers Beating and Choking Inmate
- Ohio Jail Guards Caught Beating Inmate on Video Found Not Guilty
- Tennessee Jail Inmate Pepper Sprayed While Fully Secured in Restraint Chair
- Oklahoma Jail Guards Crushed an Inmate’s Windpipe And Then Didn’t Tell Paramedics
- Bexar County Texas Sheriff’s Deputy Erick Montez Caught on Video Raping Inmate
- Five New Jersey Corrections Officers Sexually Abused Female Prisoners Over the Course of Two Years
- Booking Fees and Incarceration Costs; The Latest Revenue Generation Tools For Money Hungry Governments
- Alabama Sheriff Tyrone Clark Indicted on Ten Charges Related to Prison Drug and Sex Trafficking Ring
- California Cop Released From Jail Early Because He “Was Depressed And Wanted To Go Home”
- Four Days in a Las Vegas Jail for Protesting Government Murder by Drones
- Uncompensated Forced Labor Within Prisons Leads to a Modern Day Slave Uprising in Texas
- Building More Prisons is Not the Solution to Prison Riots
- Shifting Prisoners to New “State of the Art Facilities” Won’t Eliminate Prison Abuse
- Evidence Suggests India Cummings’ In-Custody Death Was a Homicide
- Man Arrested By Syracuse NY Cops In Retaliation For Legally Filming The Police
- Man Beaten by Allegan County Michigan Jail Guards Settles Lawsuit For $300,000
- Fifteen Georgia Prison Guards Charged as Part of Massive Fraud and Money Laundering Scheme
- Las Vegas Police Make It Very Clear They Don’t Understand the First Amendment at Chalk Protest
- Mississippi Guard Caught Trying to Smuggle Drugs Into Prison
- Support the Largest Prison Strike in History and Help Eliminate Prison Slave Labor
- Florida Department of Corrections Officers Arrested for Beating, Cover Up
- LVMPD Giving $50k of Taxpayer Money to Man in “Distraction Grenade” Case
- Las Vegas Metro Police Brutality Inside Clark County Detention Center
- Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputy States His Badge Allows Him to “Do Anything He Wants”
- Citizens Filming The Police Are Making It Easier For Review Boards To Get Rid of Bad Apples
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Know Your Rights Seminar Video by Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- “What Happened in Vegas” Didn’t Stay in Las Vegas; Police Brutality Documentary Premiers at Cinequest
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- Don’t Call the Pigs: An Informal Guide to Alternative Policing Within an Anarchist Justice System
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Power