Note: The following post was shared with Nevada Cop Block via an anonymous reader submission. If you have videos, stories, upcoming events/protests, or personal interactions with the police (and/or “justice” system) that you would like to share, send them to us and we will do everything we can to bring it to the attention of the world. In addition, you can visit the Nevada Cop Block resources section for information and links to the rights of citizens when dealing with police, during which you should always be filming.
The person who submitted this post alleges that Chief Kwin Bromley of the Coffeyville, KS Police Department harassed, assaulted, and falsely charged a local community activist. Reportedly, that harassment and other acts by Bromley were retaliation for his opposition to the department’s use of an MRAP vehicle. Eventually, this community activist was jailed and then forced, via part of a plea agreement, to leave the state of Kansas.
Bo Rupert moved to Coffeyville, Kansas in 2016. After months of hard work and dedication he became involved with the community and began to become involved with police accountability. Mr. Rupert would go to the city commission meetings and speak out about different issues surrounding the community and the Coffeyville Police Department.
One of Mr. Rupert’s biggest causes he was trying to make happen was trying to have the Coffeyville Police Departments MRAP vehicle sent back to the federal government. He publicly addressed the city commission about this several times. It seemed to fall on deaf ears.
After Mr. Rupert did this the Coffeyville Police Department began to target him, his family, and his friends. Mr. Rupert did his best to stay strong and ignore this. However, the taunts continued.
On July 25, 2017 Mr. Rupert went to the City Commission meeting to address them about removing him from the Montgomery County Juvenile Corrections Board Police Chief Kwin Bromley showed up to the meeting late, sat right next to Mr. Rupert, and proceeded to harass him throughout the whole meeting. Mr. Rupert addressed the city commission and left the meeting. On his way out he was assaulted by Chief Kwin Bromley who punched him in the back of the head on his way out the door.
Mr. Rupert was arrested on three counts of criminal threats and had to spend 93 days in jail in Kansas. Part of his plea agreement was that he had to leave the state of Kansas and not return.
The current and future citizens of this community need to be aware and warned of the dangers they face if they speak out against Kwin Bromley or his police department. There is no low he or his officers will not stoop to. They will target your family, friends, bring false charges against you , and even run you out of town. This man is dangerous and should be watched.
Related Content on NVCopBlock.org:
- Video – Detained by Nevada Police for “Suspiciously” Sitting in a Car
- Body Cam Video: Alabama Mother Unlawfully Arrested After Saying “Fuck The Police”
- Submit Your Own Story of Police Abuse/Corruption
- Help Wanted! How You Can Become Involved With NVCopBlock
- #FTP – How and Why You Should Always Film The Police
- Press Passes for Independent Media and Freelance Journalists
- How to File a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- “Let Me See Your I.D.” Stop and Identify Statutes – Know Your Rights
- Beware of Gang Activity in Your Neighborhood!
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The LVMPD’s Killer Reputation
- A Video Compilation of Las Vegas Area Police Brutality
- Donate to the Cause – Help Us Help You Fight The Pow