As I reported yesterday, Silk Galloway will be in court at 1:30pm today (Wednesday, June 28th) for a motion hearing regarding his case within Municipal Court Department 2, room 5B. During that hearing, he will be asking that the ridiculous and false obstruction charge that he is facing be dropped.
Last night, “KTNV Channel 13 Action News,” Las Vegas’ local ABC affiliate, featured a story about his case. Within that coverage they also mentioned that Galloway’s assault and false arrest by a “Saturation Team” from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department was included in an anti-police brutality documentary that will be opening in theaters in August.
In addition to the racial profiling of Galloway, “What Happened in Vegas,” by Ramsey Denison, focuses on the murders of Erik Scott, Trevon Cole, Stanley Gibson, and Tashii Brown, as well as other abuses and the cover up of those abuses by the LVMPD.
Galloway, who was a passenger in the car, has been charged with obstruction in the case that dates back to 2015.
His attorney, Stephen Stubbs, is asking those charges be dismissed.
That motion is set for a hearing on Wednesday afternoon.
It all started when Las Vegas police pulled over the car Galloway was in.
“The officer looks over at me and says, ‘do you have your Id?’ and I said yes. He said, ‘may I have it? and I said no you may not,” Galloway said in an interview for the documentary “What Happened in Vegas”.
Stephen Stubbs says his client was correct there.
“They demanded the ID and he said no. Rightfully. Silk was right on the law,” Stubbs said.
It was just after that point that Galloway started recording with a GoPro camera on his dash.
It eventually captured him being pulled from the car.
“I’m going to give you to the count of three or I’m going to pull you out,” an officer is heard saying in the video.
Stubbs points out the officer didn’t start counting like he said he would before pulling Galloway out, but says he was more disturbed by what followed.
“The police did not act right here, and my clients rights were violated,” Stubbs said.
When they didn’t find anything, the officers, apparently unaware the camera was recording, are overheard talking about the results.
“Do what you got to do, because we gotta find something,” an officer is heard saying on the GoPro video.
Officers eventually took Galloway to jail on obstruction charges.
“They treated him like an animal. They took him to jail. They arrested him and they cavity searched him,” Stubbs said.
Various groups within the community have called for courtroom support for Galloway during this hearing. In addition, there will be a short rally outside, beginning at noon, to show that support and bring attention to the issues involved in this case. Afterwards, people will be encouraged to attend the hearing as well, in order to show that the community stands with Silk Galloway and will not stand idly by during this miscarriage of justice.
People are welcome to bring signs or other relevant materials to the rally, although you won’t be able to bring them to the courtroom. There should be enough time in between to put them away.
Preview of “What Happened in Vegas”
Video Featuring Police Body Camera Footage and GoPro Video
Original GoPro Video
Related Posts Submitted By or About Stephen Stubbs:
Those of you that have followed CopBlock.org over the past several years are probably already aware that Stephen Stubbs has been a frequent subject of posts on NVCopBlock.org. He often represents bikers and motorcycle organizations, whom are frequent targets of harassment from the police. In addition, I have personally worked with Stephen in the past on several occasions through Nevada Cop Block on issues or cases involving his clients or on know your rights seminars he has done within the Las Vegas area.
Therefore, there is a pretty lengthy (and growing) list of posts on the Nevada Cop Block site involving Stephen Stubbs, his clients, and/or people or groups he is associated with. Included below are links to those posts.
- Update: Demonstration and Courtroom Support for Silk Galloway; LVMPD Racial Profiling, False Arrest Victim
- Update: Racial Profiling Case by LVMPD Saturation Team Body Cam Videos Show No Original Cause for Stop
- Know Your Rights Seminar Held in Las Vegas by Attorney Stephen Stubbs (Video)
- Las Vegas Know Your Rights Seminar by Attorney Stephen Stubbs to be Held March 23rd
- “What Happened in Vegas” Isn’t Staying in Las Vegas; Documentary on Police Brutality Premiers at Cinequest
- Nevada CopBlock Founder Arrested While Filming Las Vegas Metro Police
- LVMPD Caught on Body Camera Admitting They Arrested Man For Singing F*ck The Police
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Explains How Not To Get Beaten And/Or Shot By The Police
- The LVMPD Gang Task Force is Corrupt and it Extends All the Way to the Top
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Ordered to Answer Perjury/Withholding Evidence Charges in Court
- Head of LVMPD Internal Affairs Accused of Perjury; Judge Recused Self Due to “Negative Opinion” of Her
- Boulder City (NV) Police “Employee of the Year” Commits Perjury to Arrest Man Interfering With Revenue Generation
- Las Vegas Metro Police Illegally Search; Sexually Assault Innocent Man to Justify Bullshit Arrest
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs: “Stand Up and Tell the Truth” – Why #PoliceLiesMatter
- Man Beaten by Las Vegas Police For Not Moving Fast Enough Awarded $31,500 Settlement
- Full Waco Twin Peaks Biker Shooting Videos; Witness Statement Made Public
- Know Your Rights Seminar At Las Vegas “Rally For Your Rights”
- Waco, TX; Twin Peaks Shootings Arrests – June 10th Call Flood
- Nevada Police Chief Resigns After Protecting Animal Shelter Supervisor Who Killed Pets
- Fired NV Police Chief Ordered to Pay Punitive Damages in Abuse of Authority Lawsuit
- Las Vegas Attorney Stephen Stubbs Found Not Guilty in 5th Amendment Right to Counsel Case
- Game Over for Insert Coins’ and Their Abusive Bouncers
- Dance, Dance Revolution Protest at Insert Coins Las Vegas- Feb. 26, 2015
- Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas Bouncers Beat Man and Obstruct Witness Trying to Film
- Las Vegas Police Promise “Fundamental Policy Changes” after Dominic Gennarino Beating
- Las Vegas Police Beat a Man for “Not Moving Fast Enough”
- Las Vegas Police Agree That You Should Film Them
- Free Know Your Rights Seminar in Las Vegas
- Attorney Stephen Stubbs Arrested for Refusing to Leave His Client’s Side